Pagiel Shecher, M.D.
- Born July 29, 1952 in Tel-Aviv, Israel.
- 1971-1977, Tel-Aviv University Sackler School of Medicine.
Graduated Magna Cum Laude.
- 1977 to 1978, Rotating Internship at the Sheba Medical Center,
Tel Aviv University Sackler School of Medicine.
- November 1978 to January 1982, Military Service Period. Medical
- 1982 to 1984, Resident, Department of Medicine, Sheba Medical
Center, Tel Aviv University Sackler School of Medicine, Israel.
- 1985 to 1986, Nephrology (Internal Medicine) Residency, Sheba
Medical Center, Tel Aviv University Sackler School of Medicine
- 1986 to 1987 Military Duty.
- 1987 to 1989 Senior Nephrologist, Sheba Medical Center, Israel.
- 1988, Appointed Instructor in Medicine (equivalent to Assistant
Professor) at the Tel Aviv University Sackler School of Medicine.
- 1989 to 1991 Post Doctoral Research Nephrology Fellow at
Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford California.
- June 1989 - Board Certified in Nephrology Diploma by the
Professional Committee of the Israel Medical Association Scientific
Council (equivalent to American Board of Nephrology).
- 1991 to 1992 Clinical Fellow at at Stanford University School
of Medicine, Stanford California.
- 1993 Senior Nephrology Fellow at Stanford University School
- 1993 to 1995, Senior Nephrologist at the Sheba Medical Center
Tel Aviv University Medical School on Tenureship.
1995 to 1998 Nephrologist in a priate Nephrology group in Los
Affiliation & Privileges
- Member of Medical Staff in ten Departments
of Medicine, Divisions of Nephrology in the following institutions
- Cedars-Sinai Medical Center
- Midway Hospital Medical Center
- Brotman Medical Center
- Century City Hospital
- Queen of Angels Hollywood Presbyterian
- Hollywood Community Kindred
- City of Angels Medical Center
- American Medical Association (AMA).
- Renal Physicians Association (RPA).
- American Society of Nephrology (ASN).
- International Society of Nephrology (ISN).
- Israel Medical Association.
- Israel Nephrology Association.
- Stanford University Alumni Association.
- Tel Aviv University Alumni Association.
- American Heart Association, Council of Kidney in Cardiovascular
- CEO and President, Pagiel Shecher, M.D.,
Inc., a full range Internal Medicine and Nephrology office.
- CEO and President of Intensive Renal Care,
Inc., an Acute Dialysis Service for inpatients.
- President of Intensive Renal Care, Inc.,
a chronic hemodialysis unit on 5901 W. Olympic Blvd., Los Angeles
CA 90036. A state-of-the-art hemodialysis unit.When
Dr. Pagiel Shechter established Intensive Renal Care in 2001,
he wanted to create a new concept in the private freestanding
chronic dialysis industry. During the last decades, the chronic
dialysis units have been suffering from heavy cuts in their
quality of services, dictated by tight reimbursement constraints,
imposed by Medicare and Medicaid. Unfortunately this lead to
the development of some bad habits such as understaffing, cutting
corners in techniques such as the reuse, cutting dialysis times
and hiring under trained personnel. Another negative trend was
the acquisition of most of the freestanding units by huge national
conglomerates. The latter lead to total loss of the sensitivity
to patients needs, development of rigid centrally imposed corporate
protocols, and total loss of the significance of the Nephrologist
in the sensitive decision making process of caring for patients
with end-stage renal disease. Our purpose is to restore all
the lost good qualities of privately owned dialysis treatment
without compromise in the standards of care. We underwent a
painstaking process in our evolution in order to reach this
goal. But the end result is thrilling.Our patients are happy
and loyal. We carry over our enthusiastic approach to our acute
team, who serve inpatients. We deliver the same message of combining
the best technologies with humanistic, caring and responsible
service.We encourage all patients and their Nephrologists to
try us.Another significant approach was the emphasis on smaller
size unit, in order to restore patients comfort and warm
feeling. We are opposed to the concept of putting patients in
huge warehouse-like structures, where patients identity
is lost.We have no doubt that our efforts will bear fruits,
leading other units to adopt our concepts, of restoring the
good qualities of patient care in dialysis.Dialysis Unit in
Los Angeles Dear Agent For Patients/Clients who plan to visit
the Los Angeles Area, we offer a Caring, Friendly and Professional
dialysis center located in Los Angeles. We offer transportation
from home, hotel or the airport. or arrangement and further
information please visit us at www.intensiverenalcare.com, kidney,
Failure, Hemodialysis, Nephrology, hos[pital, ultrafiltration,
end stage renal failure.